The next vSphere beta will be starting pretty soon and like last time, there is a chance for a public signup. If you have deployed vSphere 5.5 and 6.0 in a portion of your environment, then you are a candidate for the beta. The vSphere team will grant access to the program to selected candidates in stages, but as of yet there is no information released on dates or duration.
This vSphere Beta Program is, again, subject to a Master Software Beta Test Agreement which you will need to complete before you gain access to private Beta community to download software and share information. Unless you are in the private beta forums, you may well know that the beta is on, but won’t see any of the details. Folks who want to participate in the program should indicate their interest by filling out the form at the bottom of this post.
Once accepted, in some ways you’re entirely your own boss here, as the following quote suggests;
You can expect to download, install, and test vSphere Beta software in your environment or get invited to try new features in a VMware hosted environment. All testing is free-form and we encourage you to use our software in ways that interest you. This will provide us with valuable insight into how you use vSphere in real-world conditions and with real-world test cases, enabling us to better align our product with your business needs.
However, there are a few expectations on candidates;
- Online acceptance of the Master Software Beta Test Agreement will be required prior to visiting the Private Beta Community
- Install beta software within 3 days of receiving access to the beta product
- Provide feedback within the first 4 weeks of the beta program
- Submit Support Requests for bugs, issues and feature requests
- Complete surveys and beta test assignments
- Participate in the private beta discussion forum and conference calls
If you want early access to vSphere products and to the vSphere Beta team at VMware (Product Managers, Engineers, Technical Support, and Technical Writers) with a chance to provide feedback and influence future products whilst collaborating and knowledge sharing with other participants, then sign up below;